Friday, 15 February 2013

Get your soup bowls ready

For this year's 7th Bead Soup Blog Hop I have been paired with the amazing Leah Curtis, a fellow Brit and tribal warrior: check out her blog
She is a polymer clay artisan has her own etsy shop

This is the soup I sent, there was I admit much nashing of teeth and wailing as I waved goodbye to a couple of beads by Numinosity ,a ScorchedEarthonEtsy pendant, an Angel Whisperer owl pendant and a craft bead ceramic feather, but I knew they're were going to eager hands and you've got to spread the love....sniff...sob..

Also I made some etched copper charms with guilder's paste ( I'll be eating this next!), button headpins, try these they're great fun to make and bead wrapped hook clasps.


But here's the best bit, this is what I got in return..





I'm nuts about the rich colours, can you see that adorable little bird, and these goldstone flowers, plus tiger eye.
 
Warning next photo might lead to feelings of envy....check this major cute bunny




And 18th century clay pipes, vintage lucite, mop, pendant and...lampwork from Tan Grey


So I will be busy thinking up my creations and  I will also be busy with writing a little article about a couple of my pieces for Belle Armoire Jewellery Magazine...beyond thrilled to have that opportunity. Also best wishes to Kim who is also writing up her article too.

Have a great weekend everyone x

8 comments:

  1. Hey, how exciting to see a few beads winging their way to someone else!
    Pretty cools tuff going both ways. I just know you'll make something neato out of your soup.
    Congrats on your article too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely lovely bead soup you sent to each other! You're both going to make something really beautiful :-)Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Lovely soup kit! Can't wait to see what you will make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sent an amazingly wonderful soup (can I buy a serving?) And knowing your talent and unique perspective, I can't wait to see you rock that red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're enjoying the soup! :) I LOVE what you sent me. Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is not easy to part with beautiful findings. The soup you received is amazing! Very unique pieces. Congratulations on your upcoming feature in Belle Armoire Jewellery Magazine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful soup! Can't wait to see what you do with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by all the blogs taking part in the Bead Soup Blog Party. Cant wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete