Monday, 23 July 2012

Inspiration and dark light creations

Finally got around to finishing some new stuff and I restricted my colour palette to a dark, light combo. Strictly dark, uncluttered elements and then cream, ivory mix with a  kinda of leaness, just letting the elements work on their own.
But before I get to these, I thought I would share some new inspirational artists I've come across.
The first being Zoe Arnold based in London.



These are quirky and are rooted in the collage tradition, I love the layering of different elements, like pearls, silver, porcelain and bone.
This next artist is Chriysanthe Staikopoulou and I don't know a great deal about her other than she is based in the Uk and has studied architecture. 


I adore this grater cuff with a nutmeg ring, just delightfully witty with a bit of edge.

So this is what I've been up to.


Raw quartz, labradorite and peacock ore


Mother of pearl, coin and wrapped sari silk


Agate egg, leather and lampwork head pins by Kim of http://www.etsy.com/shop/NuminosityBeads


I found a vintage Indian glass cab and bezel to finish this one.


Very simple hoops on reclaimed leather, copper, chinese coin charm and lovely ceramic and metal clay hoops from Petra of http://www.etsy.com/shop/ScorchedEarthonEtsy

And finally Petra and Kim together on these earrings


Look out for a sale in my shop this week and wish me luck as I start putting together my bead soup designs. The first reveal is 28th July and mine will be on 11th August.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love this style and have no talent at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the Agate egg, leather and lampwork head pins necklace. (My first post disappeared. Now it'll prob show up twice.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the work of these artists. I love the idea of the grater cuff, but wonder if it would be grating everything it came in contact with.

    I love all the piece you made. You seem to have a knack for this. I've tried to emulate this style but it never seems to work for me. I guess that tells me to just keep doing what I've been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely things, I like the simple hoops on reclaimed leather, and those earrings have such beautiful colorful tones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing - will have to look further into Zoe Arnold. Love your pale pieces, particularly the MOP necklace. Very beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blog. Great pictures and new work.
    Love the clever grater and nutmeg idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Continuing on your movement forward toward awesomeness.. Great use of fab elements

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful collection! Especially loving the agate egg, leather and head pins necklace. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely set of elements you have there my fren!! such prolific work too :) which i could create like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, these are fabulous!!!! Thank you for putting me together with Kim in those wonderful earrings - they're so funky!!
    Thanks for sharing those other pics too - love that grater and nutmeg combo!!
    Great to see you being so wildly creative and busy!!
    xoxoxoxoxo :O)

    ReplyDelete